Monday, July 20, 2009

I hope you dance....




I hope you dance. It's a song by Leanne Womack. Some of the words actually had some meaning for me.

I'm dancing. Sort of. In my own little way. Day 3 of no diet coke and I'm feeling pretty ordinary. Actually feeling really tired (no caffeine I'd assume), nauseated, shaky, dizzy and I feel like I want to vomit. But...on the upside I'm still going and persevering with this 'no diet coke challenge'.

Last night was going to test me. Thought I would surprise Mum and cook dinner at her house for her and my brother. Cooked pasta bake (Anne Syme recipe) and ww banana malteser muffin recipe. However, I changed the recipe a bit. I didn't put an egg in and didn't use any cream cheese or extra maltesers for the topping. To tell you the truth I didn't need it. It was my first attempt at this cake and it came out beautifully. I cut the cake into 16 pieces, which ended up making it 1.5 pts a piece. Pretty happy with that. Even had enough to freeze and to keep for me when I get the sweet cravings. Was proud that I didn't resolve to any chocolate, chips or ice cream eating. Well....it's because i know I can do it.

Yesterday I also joined Fernwood. Had a totally different feeling and I'm looking forward to going there to get myself back into exercise and re-motivate myself. A few changes are happening in my life. Something I realise I'm not very good at is committment. It can be a bit of a problem. At least I'm aware of this though. I'm willing to persevere with these changes and my goals. So far, so good.

I can do this!......I am doing this!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Danni

    Drop me a email and tell me if you liked Fernwod

    ReplyDelete

This is all new to me......

This is all indeed new to me! The blog stuff I mean. I've been wanting to do this for a while and as you can see I thought what the heck, I'm just going to do it! A working progress you might say? I think so. But with time you can only improve? Don't they say that with everything?

I'm not sure I feel that way about weight loss at the moment. I've hit my 1 year journey marker, yet I look at what I have achieved and start to question myself....is '27 kgs' something really to gloat about? To be proud of? Thats half a kilo a week, which fits in perfectly with what ww recommend...yet its simply not good enough for me!

'Why?' you ask? I think comparing myself to everyone else and what they have achieved has led me to doubting myself and feeling pretty crappy about how far I have come. I wanted to be so badly one of those people that say "Look at me, look at what I've achieved!". I try...but those words simply fade into the "Look at what? Big deal 27 kgs!". I'm a bit of a critic. Actually I'm a severe critic....of myself that is. Hence, why I've got myself into this situation in the first place.

So at the moment with all of lifes curve balls that are thrown my way, I simply have one motto "One day at a time!".....oh and perhaps one more "When your mind says give up, hope whispers one more try". This is what I'm living by at the moment and I must say with all the great support I'm getting from some wonderful fantastic people, hope is whispering a lot more to me!

I'll keep you updated on how things are going....in the meantime I'll keep plodding along and know that "I CAN DO THIS!".