Saturday, April 4, 2009

I finally made it.....

I finally made it.....to the gym that is! I so did not want to go. But then I decided hey, even if I get there and hope on the bike for 5 minutes, it has got to be better than nothing. An hour later I'd done 40 minutes of bike and 15 minutes of weights! I went home and had a shower and actually felt really good for going to the gym! Today I proved to myself that the 'gym' is not that bad. Yes it may get boring, yes I'm a bit over my music, but all in all, it's not that bad! So I made a pact with my friend that I'd make it to the gym once this week (today was the last day). And I did, I made it the once. Next week our pact is twice a week.......I'm looking forward when I don't have to make a pact, but when I know that I want to go on my own steam.....in the meantime I'll keep plodding along. It's not about how much you do, but about how you do it I suppose! Till next time, I think I'm going to enjoy getting acquainted with the gym again.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Danni now I can finally put a face to the name!! I look forward to following your journey my friend!! Take Care Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Danni
    I found you
    Now I will add you to my list
    We will follow each other

    You look nothing like I thought you would
    Hahahaa
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete

This is all new to me......

This is all indeed new to me! The blog stuff I mean. I've been wanting to do this for a while and as you can see I thought what the heck, I'm just going to do it! A working progress you might say? I think so. But with time you can only improve? Don't they say that with everything?

I'm not sure I feel that way about weight loss at the moment. I've hit my 1 year journey marker, yet I look at what I have achieved and start to question myself....is '27 kgs' something really to gloat about? To be proud of? Thats half a kilo a week, which fits in perfectly with what ww recommend...yet its simply not good enough for me!

'Why?' you ask? I think comparing myself to everyone else and what they have achieved has led me to doubting myself and feeling pretty crappy about how far I have come. I wanted to be so badly one of those people that say "Look at me, look at what I've achieved!". I try...but those words simply fade into the "Look at what? Big deal 27 kgs!". I'm a bit of a critic. Actually I'm a severe critic....of myself that is. Hence, why I've got myself into this situation in the first place.

So at the moment with all of lifes curve balls that are thrown my way, I simply have one motto "One day at a time!".....oh and perhaps one more "When your mind says give up, hope whispers one more try". This is what I'm living by at the moment and I must say with all the great support I'm getting from some wonderful fantastic people, hope is whispering a lot more to me!

I'll keep you updated on how things are going....in the meantime I'll keep plodding along and know that "I CAN DO THIS!".