Monday, May 11, 2009

I did it!




Yep....I did it, the Mother's Day Classic that is! I was procrastinating Saturday night, hoping that my brother would text me early hours Sunday morning saying "Sorry can't do it", then I would have the perfect excuse...he let me down....I can't do it by myself. BUT...he didn't. He did it with me and I tell you I was so proud of myself for doing it.

I did the 4km walk and managed to do it in 28 minutes. I cut nearly 20 minutes off my 'normal' time. I felt so good. My brother is really into fitness at the moment. He can run 5kms in 20 minutes. He stood by me, we had a little jog, I was in excruciating pain with my knee....my hip hurt and I felt like I was getting blisters, but I still struggled on and I did it! My brother was pretty happy with me. I felt so good afterwards. I had a 2 hour drive down to see my Mum and my Nana, but I really felt the best part of the day was doing the walk. Not only for me, but as I said on my tribute card "For all women and all Mothers".

My eating has been great since yesterday. I'm planning to exercise tomorrow and today I walked 4 blocks just to post a letter. Something is changing.....I think. I think Danni's mojo is slowly returning. To tell you the truth I've missed it. To all those fantastic people that encouraged me to get out there and exercise....you are so right....it does make you feel better. I want to keep doing it. Even if it's not 'normal' exercise at the gym. It all adds up.

I will post some photoes once I have them from my brother. In the meantime I'm thinking of you all.

5 comments:

  1. Danni

    So proud of you - you rock!!!

    trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Yay Yay
    Go Danni, go Danni, Go Danni
    How proud am I of you
    You are a legend
    Keep it up you will feel fantastic
    Get your bro to meet you once or twice a week for a walk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Danni! I'm so glad that you went through with it and did it!

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Danni. Wohooo you that is a fantastic time for you. Keep it up. I found when I first started my journey I didn't want to do the exercise and now I get mad when I can't get to it.

    ReplyDelete

This is all new to me......

This is all indeed new to me! The blog stuff I mean. I've been wanting to do this for a while and as you can see I thought what the heck, I'm just going to do it! A working progress you might say? I think so. But with time you can only improve? Don't they say that with everything?

I'm not sure I feel that way about weight loss at the moment. I've hit my 1 year journey marker, yet I look at what I have achieved and start to question myself....is '27 kgs' something really to gloat about? To be proud of? Thats half a kilo a week, which fits in perfectly with what ww recommend...yet its simply not good enough for me!

'Why?' you ask? I think comparing myself to everyone else and what they have achieved has led me to doubting myself and feeling pretty crappy about how far I have come. I wanted to be so badly one of those people that say "Look at me, look at what I've achieved!". I try...but those words simply fade into the "Look at what? Big deal 27 kgs!". I'm a bit of a critic. Actually I'm a severe critic....of myself that is. Hence, why I've got myself into this situation in the first place.

So at the moment with all of lifes curve balls that are thrown my way, I simply have one motto "One day at a time!".....oh and perhaps one more "When your mind says give up, hope whispers one more try". This is what I'm living by at the moment and I must say with all the great support I'm getting from some wonderful fantastic people, hope is whispering a lot more to me!

I'll keep you updated on how things are going....in the meantime I'll keep plodding along and know that "I CAN DO THIS!".