Saturday, June 20, 2009

PINK!




Guess what......I've got Pink tickets, I'm so excited about it. It is going to be my sister's birthday present and I'm making sure that I don't say a word and keep it a real surprise. However, I'm not sure who will be more excited. Because to tell you the truth.....I'm excited indeed. Thing is, the tickets I could only get were standing tickets, which means for at least 4 hours my sister and I are going to be dancing, singing, screaming and jumping up and down as you do at concerts, lol.

At first I was worried when I realise what tickets I had to get. I was worried about my knee, my sister's back (standing so long),but know that with life comes once in a lifetime opportunities and I feel like this is one of those opportunities.

I promised myself that I would lose a few kgs before the concert just to feel a bit better. However.....having a lot of problems at the moment with binge eating. Why? Can't put my finger on it at the moment. Just know that it's more out of control than ever.....to the point that it is nearly happening every night. I know that binging on crackers, vegie sticks, biscuits and a few small pieces of chocolate is a lot different to the old days of binging on ice cream, chips, chocolate, cake, Mc Donalds, but still am not happy with how I'm feeling about this situation. It is only me that can change it though, isn't it.

My friend excercise seems to be on a holiday. I don't know where he has gone. He has disappeared totally. I try to make appointments with him in my diary, but I can't stick to them so hence exercise continues to be missing in my life which seems to be spiraling a bit out of control at the moment in regards to food and exercise. I wanted to tell exercise if he could make it any easier to come back. What can I do to welcome him back? Seems appointments in my diary are not working. Most of all I wanted to ask him why he left? Why I let him leave? Why I continue to ensure he stays on his holiday? Answer: I don't bloody know! However, what I do know though is that from now on I'm making sure I see him at least once a week. Maybe that will help our relationship a bit more and ensure he stays around a little longer. I know it is only up to me, only I can change my exercise and eating pattern, to tell you the truth, Pink might have just come in at the right time.

Pink might just help get me reaquainted with Exercise.

Thanks Pink! I know the next few weeks are going to be challenging, but I'm up for that. After all, challenges are life aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is all new to me......

This is all indeed new to me! The blog stuff I mean. I've been wanting to do this for a while and as you can see I thought what the heck, I'm just going to do it! A working progress you might say? I think so. But with time you can only improve? Don't they say that with everything?

I'm not sure I feel that way about weight loss at the moment. I've hit my 1 year journey marker, yet I look at what I have achieved and start to question myself....is '27 kgs' something really to gloat about? To be proud of? Thats half a kilo a week, which fits in perfectly with what ww recommend...yet its simply not good enough for me!

'Why?' you ask? I think comparing myself to everyone else and what they have achieved has led me to doubting myself and feeling pretty crappy about how far I have come. I wanted to be so badly one of those people that say "Look at me, look at what I've achieved!". I try...but those words simply fade into the "Look at what? Big deal 27 kgs!". I'm a bit of a critic. Actually I'm a severe critic....of myself that is. Hence, why I've got myself into this situation in the first place.

So at the moment with all of lifes curve balls that are thrown my way, I simply have one motto "One day at a time!".....oh and perhaps one more "When your mind says give up, hope whispers one more try". This is what I'm living by at the moment and I must say with all the great support I'm getting from some wonderful fantastic people, hope is whispering a lot more to me!

I'll keep you updated on how things are going....in the meantime I'll keep plodding along and know that "I CAN DO THIS!".